Our dedicated specialist team has comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the issues facing doctors in general practice. It is this expertise that has enabled us to grow our client base over the years.
We act for partnerships, single-handed GPs, employed GPs, consultants and locums and provide expert advice to GMS and PMS practices, salaried services, dispensing practices and companies.
We have been acting for doctors for more than 20 years – by pooling statistical data and comparing performance we have a clear picture of what makes a profitable, well-run practice.
Doctors work notoriously long hours and do not always have time to devote to their finances. To make life as easy as possible, each client is given a main contact within the team and we offer a telephone and/or email service if that is preferable to meetings, although we are happy to meet with you out of hours if you wish.
The services we provide include:
- Profit maximisation
- Tax planning to minimise liabilities
- Advice on property ownership, financing arrangements, maximising capital allowances, cost/notional rent and abatement rules
- Preparing calculations of fixed and working capital requirements and help with finance raising
- Pension planning for both doctors and staff
- Review of draft partnership agreements to ensure that the terms reflect the wishes of the partners and accounting policies adopted
- Advising doctors on the accounting, taxation and pension implications of admittance, resignation or retirement in a partnership
- Assistance with accounts computerisation
- Budgets and management accounts
- VAT advice and support with particular reference to dispensing practices
- Preparation of annual accounts and medical statistics, in a format that will serve as a management tool for the financial control of the practice
- Preparation of superannuation certificates
We understand that dentistry is a very fast moving profession. Dentistry can be a very lonely place with enormous pressure at all levels so at Kelsall Steele we aim to lift the burden and offer you the support you need.
We work very closely with dentists all over the country. In addition to routine services such as bookkeeping, management accounts and payroll we are very familiar with the drivers that lift practices from good to great. So if you are looking for help with profit improvement, tax optimisation or business expansion you’re in the right place.
Through many years of working closely with a network of similarly experienced professionals and having built up a significant portfolio of dental clients we consider ourselves experts in this sector. We provide solutions specific to your needs, drawing on a mountain of knowledge from past and present experience.
If you’d like to learn more, please contact Bernard Pooley.